For this week’s Degrassi interview, we caught up with Daniel Kelly, who plays bad boy Owen Milligan on the show! Learn about what he does when he’s not filming, where he went to school and more! And make sure to tune into Degrassi at 9PM!
1. Do you ever accidentally call a cast member by their character name?
Every once in a while, usually after you run lines with someone you have a scene with.
2. You graduated from the Universal Academy of Acting. What else were you studying there?
Yes I did! Basically, I was taught everything there. I learned to slate, audition procedures, and of course acting techniques, all of which I’m grateful to know and continue to use today! I also learned a lot about the industry itself. I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic lady named Juli-Ann Kay, who is a casting director, teach me.
3. What do you do on set when you’re not filming?
Well there are a number of things. Either I’m rehearsing for the upcoming scene, or when I have a bigger break, hanging out in the cast room is always fun!
4. Owen is considered a bully on the show. Have you ever been a victim of bullying in high school?
Well personally, no. I’m lucky enough to never have been bullied, but I do understand the pressures and I know how tough it can be.
5. Owen stirred up some trouble during football season. In the upcoming season will Owen still be starting conflict?
That he did, and that’s a good possibility! But then again, you never know!